My blog, angelsbark, has just been nominated for a Sunshine Award, an award given to blogs that bring a little joy to the world. Nominated by the fabulous Spiritbath! Wow! What a huge surprise, especially since I’m so new to blogging. I’m thrilled and honored that you find my blog worthy of nomination for this distinction. Spiritbath is one of my very favorite blogs whose mission is one after my own heart: They are a group who is on top of the spiritual awakening happening all around us and their part in that awakening is to share joy, love, laughter & peace through spiritually inspiring blog posts. And they succeed on all levels. Thank you so much Spiritbath for this honor! You can also find Spiritbath on Facebook.
The rules of the Sunshine award are:
- Display the Award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who awarded you.
- Present around 10 deserving bloggers with the Award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded with a comment.
- Write 10 interesting things about you
My Nominees for a Sunshine Award
The Happsters: http://happsters.com/ – a movement dedicated to spreading happiness. That says it all. And sign up for their Hey Hey It’s Friday emails: just a little motivation to send you into your weekend.
Nature Diary: http://tomwhelan.wordpress.com/ – breathtaking photographs by Tom Whelan taken while on nature walks. If one needs a bit of creative inspiration, check out his nature abstracts.
Live & Love Again Revolution: http://liveandloveagainrevolution.wordpress.com/ : Wise beyond her years, this blogger helps people change the way they look at themselves…And who doesn’t need that?! Her stated philosophy: “Live Your Best Life & Love What You Do.” Yeah, I can dig that.
My Thoughts on a Page: http://mythoughtsonapage.com/ – a blogger with a passion for writing has come up with some uniquely wonderful concepts for her blog, including her “Freshly Impressed” feature where she helps to spread the good of the blogosphere, one Freshly Impressed at a time.
Dainty Petals: http://daintypetals.wordpress.com/ – for her lovely poetry and my first encounter with Kyrielle, a French form of rhyming poetry. Her Rhyming Thursdays are fabulous.
Toemail: http://toemail.wordpress.com/ – a wildly unique concept that provides an interactive blog featuring pictures of toes. Toes! All kinds of toes, pictures taken by the bloggers themselves and those submitted by followers. Crazy fun!
Sadie & Dasie: http://sadieanddasie.wordpress.com/ – simple and elegant photos of art, design and two very expressive dogs, sprinkled with a bit of inspiration and motivation quotes.
Diplomatic Dog: http://diplomaticdog.wordpress.com/ – “a small dog’s musing of life in Kazakhstan” – the photos of this little angel just make me smile with every post.
The High Canadian’s Crib: http://thehighcanadian.wordpress.com/ – because his blog almost always has something that makes me laugh. And laughter makes me happy, which keeps me in a creative mindset.
Sherrey Meyer, Writer: http://sherreymeyer.com/blog/ – helping to make writers better through blog posts with tips and advice for writers, especially helpful for those doing memoir writing
To Do is To Change: http://todoistochange.com/ – a blog with a vividly colorful and cheery header that promotes the simple truth that small acts make a big difference. Indeed they do.
Warrior Writers: http://warriorwriters.wordpress.com/ – Kristin Lamb’s blog for writers of all kinds with special emphasis on connecting with readers. GREAT advice and tips!
Thanks to these bloggers who provide enlightening, insightful, riveting, creative and fun content. Congratulations on your nominations!
10 (hopefully) interesting things about me:
- I have been adopting rescued and retired greyhounds since 1999.
- I’m from Niagara Falls, NY.
- I have a jewelry business called Accent Gem Designs
- I have a dogsitting business in Austin, TX called The Grey Zone.
- I will be a fully credentialed and ordained Animal Chaplain in April of 2015.
- I used to own a bar.
- I’m kinda stuck in the 70s when it comes to music & décor
- I name all my trees: Goldie is my Golden Raintree; Willow, no surprise here, is my Weeping Willow; my Big-Tooth Maple is named Mabelene; the two Washington Hawthornes in the dog-run are known as the Hawthorne Brothers; and I named my only indoor tree, a Rubber Tree plant, Trojan. Oh, and yesterday my ex transplanted a wild tree whose seed obviously blew into my yard. It’s some kind of Oak I believe, who has yet to be named.
- I like muscle cars from the late 60s and early 70s and I still mourn my ’71 Monte Carlo.
- I am a die-hard Buffalo Bills fan…but truth be told, some years it’s just hard to be.